Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekly Wish VIDEO - "Lullabye"



Here is the latest Weekly Wishes video, filmed on location at my friend Matt Dinsick the Drummer's apartment. Singing is my friend Adam Reich, and joining us off-screen is Adam's friend Danny Reisbick the Bass Player.

This is the video that got tabled for logistical reasons back in the spring - it's hard enough to get two busy people's schedules to line up; four was a little ridiculous. But now it's the end of summer (read: not very lucrative, but less hectic at least), and we were able to find a couple hours the other afternoon to get together Matt's apartment in a leafy part of Brooklyn near Prospect Park.

Now, I'm a pretty considerate musician-neighbor. Matt is even more so because he's a drummer (neighbors are a lot quicker to get annoyed about drum practicing than piano practicing). He wanted to be wrapped up by 5 p.m. We got a couple decent takes at the beginning, but I decided to use this, our last take, what I like to call a f***-it take. I don't know that it was any better or worse than any of the others (as always, there are a hundred things I'd like to do better), but it was fun. And the dog outside seemed to enjoy it, too.

I have been wanting to learn to play that piano solo for a long time. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I love you. Come play/sing this in April for me and Baby L. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will most certainly do that :) xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous...I see why you love the piano solo. That's how I play the piano in my fantasy world. All rockin' and rollin' and running up and down the keyboard. But you can actually DO it. Congrats! Alison D.

    ReplyDelete