Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Christmas Song

My computer has caught on that I'm in Japan, because all the links on the browser are in Japanese, which makes for interesting surfing.  I learned The Christmas Song (you know, the one about the chestnuts) this morning on the keyboard here at my sister's house in a suburb of Osaka.  I listened to Sammy Davis, Jr. and Diana Krall, and played the song in a few different keys.  Then we all went, my sister, brother-in-law, two nephews and me, and did some shopping and ate some amazing conveyor belt sushi for lunch.  A little more shopping, and now it's about 1 a.m. in New York, and siesta time here, so I'm about to crash for an hour or two.  My sister has been combing through her CDs of 80s music and making song suggestions for the last few days of the year, but has asked to receive neither blame nor credit for my choices.  Yay vacation and family time!


Recent songs: 

"Feel" (Robbie Williams)
"Ev'ry Time We Say Good-Bye"
"Tempted" (Squeeze)

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
"Oh Darling"
"A Child is Born"

1 comment:

  1. Just to make sure I don't forget, and in the public-minded spirit of this blog as a whole, I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish you (and your band of devoted followers) a Merry Christmas (PC version: "Happy Holidays"), and thank you Kat for sharing your musings on music and what has undoubtedly been a somewhat eventful year for you. :o)

    "...though it's been said many times, many ways, Merry Christmas to you."

    ReplyDelete