Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm Not That Girl

I was pretty pleased with myself today - Anna tested me on "I'm Not That Girl", and I got through it pretty well even though I'd only had about 10 minutes to play it.  I'd had a chance to analyze and listen to it, but couldn't really play it because there was another rehearsal going on in the same room as the piano and I were in.  There's one chord in every verse I have trouble remembering (the C# minor 7), and getting out of the bridge is tricky... but I was pleased, especially after yesterday was so frustrating.  Win some, lose some. 

I woke up this morning with the strange sensation of having truly gotten enough sleep.  Gonna try that again tonight, but first I'm going to go in for some hardcore theory geekery as I start reading my friend's masters thesis.

1 comment: