Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Haiku #374 - Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm back! After taking (most of) the summer off, it's now past Labor Day, and I have no more excuses. So I'm starting off with a total cheater haiku, a 17-syllable quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. Despite its cheaterness, it's a lovely quote for starting the academic year - no matter how long I'm out of school, this time of year always brings with it the feeling of excitement, new projects and pursuits... 

My writing partner is getting married to her badass fiance this weekend, and next week is the first stage of the Sweethearts of Swing demo recording session, after which all the rest of our generous contributors who picked the haiku-perk will begin receiving their thank-you haiku. Lots of new things afoot!

Also, Happy New Year to all my Jewish friends!

the future belongs
to those who believe in the
beauty of their dreams

near West 72nd St and the West Side Highway


No comments:

Post a Comment