Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crazy Ideas

Running into obstacles with recording the "Lullabye" wish video: my drummer can't tote all his gear here, but offered either his apartment (way up in the Bronx) or his place of work (way out in Queens) to record.   Both the other guys live close to me.  I sent them all an email to see if they'd be willing to go leave Manhattan if I paid for us to take a car both ways and fed us well, or if it would be feasible for the drummer to bring his cymbals if I found a space near my apartment that has a drum kit and would let us record.  Either way, I'll be shelling out some cash to get this one recorded, on top of the giant favors I owe my friends for doing this for pocket change.

I'm so discouraged.  Of course I can't expect my friend to haul his stuff down here, and then up four flights of stairs.  And I can't expect my other friends to find the extra time to go out somewhere "in the boroughs" to record.  This isn't even considering the minor miracle it'll take for the four of us to have a couple hours of mutual free time to get the thing rehearsed and recorded. 

And there are a few things I want to do that will involve drums...
Not to mention the fact I've been wanting to learn to play the drums for a long time...
I'm turning 30 in three months... Life is too short not to have crazy ideas...

I want a drumset. 

Dun, dun, DUNNNNNNNNNN!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment